This is a great course to explore ideas, theories, and methods of the scientific study of behavior and mental processes.
- Crash Course: watched videos throughout the year but found that they were not very helpful for review.
- Meyer Felt too casual and not very professional. Wasn’t super concise but it did stick pretty closely to things covered on AP exam.
- Barron’s This was the only review book I used and it was super useful. I took very detailed notes and ended up returning it to the library before AP test. I also found the tips on essay writing and Multiple Choice strategies to be extremely valuable and applicable to all my other tests.
Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
The Undoing Project by Michael Lewis
Study Strategies and Extra Tips
- Make sure you take lots of Free Response tests and make sure you use Barron’s tips. In the last few weeks leading up to the exam review vocab and take Practice tests, the 1994 and 1999 exams are especially helpful.
- Keep up with your readings of the textbook. I would recommend at the start of the new year: go through the index and review the whole book.
- In essays, do more than explain vocabulary, be sure you also apply it to the situation
- Know all the different theories in Personality, Intelligence, Memory and Motivation.
- Know the parts of your brain.
- DO YOUR FLASHCARDS